The destructive intentions harbored under the rubric of “human rights violations” are also exposed. In this vein, my delegation once again reminds the Council of its obligation to adhere to the UN principles of objectivity, non-selectivity and impartiality. Continue reading
Posts Tagged With: Eritrean Sanctions
Archives File – President Isaias Afwerki Press Conference in 1999
Eritrea’s visionary leadership vindicated… Trust is built with consistency
Eritrea’s position on the Eritrea Ethiopia border issue and its resolution was clear from the very beginning. Eritrea’s request for final and binding arbitration was included in the Algeria Agreements. Eritrea accepted the final and binding delimitation decision when it was delivered in 2002 and the demarcation decision in 2007.
The EEBC, in its Sixteenth Report indicated that Ethiopia repeatedly refused to enter into dialogue with Eritrea “in the manner laid down in the Demarcation Directions and in accordance with the timeline set by the Commission. It [Ethiopia that is] now insists on prior “dialogue” but has rejected the opportunity for such “dialogue”. Ethiopia has tried many times to have the EEBC decisions amended and revised. Both parties are obligated under the Algiers Agreements to accept the EEBC’s decisions as final and binding.
The international community has refused to take punitive actions against Ethiopia for the last 16 yrs as it occupied sovereign Eritrean territories, including Badme. It should be recalled that the African Union, European Union, United States and United Nations all guarantees and witnessed the Algiers Agreements signed in 2000. The Eritrea Ethiopia border issue has been legally resolved and the border has been delimited and demarcated. The issue today is the Ethiopian occupation of sovereign Eritrean territories. The UN must restore Eritrea’s sovereignty.
[#Africa] No other region of the world has been so dominated by external ideas and models. #Eritrea’s determination to rely upon itself, and promote #Independence and #SelfReliance should be encouraged Continue reading →
By Ruby Sandhu
Since time immemorial, there have been non conformists and disruptors – they have made us look at the world through a new lens and progressed our evolution as a species. Captured as the David and Goliath myth. Today’s Goliath is a system where we continue to perpetuate policies which neither respect the planet, its ecosystem or its inhabitants. And a world where the disparity as between the “have” and the “have nots” is widening and where to pacify the masses we have senseless media, consumption and consumerism – entirely detrimental – as it is unsustainable to ours and the planet’s well being. In summary we have “intelligence” and “cleverness” but we remain at times as a species bereft of wisdom and within a debilitating context.
The 14th YPFDJ Conference in Europe opened on 29 March in Stockholm, Sweden, under the theme “My Share to National Intellectual and Economic Resources”. Continue reading →
It is almost 8 years since sanctions [on #Eritrea].. Virtually all member states acknowledge accusations are hollow Continue reading →
Senior [#US] Pentagon officials and high-ranking military officers have long desired close engagement with #Eritrea Continue reading →
#Eritrean*ism is a distinct & unique #NationalIdentity and is viewed as an #Identity of the #Discipline*d [#Eritrea] Continue reading →
It is time for the #InternationalCommunity to stop #Betraying the nation of #Eritrea [#Ethiopia #Border #EEBC] Continue reading →
the #PoliticalBias & #Agenda that have marred her recycled reports are too well known & acknowledged by neutral bodies
- Eritrean Embassy in Addis Ababa reopens
- Matriculation examination results released
- Speech delivered by President Isaias Afwerki at Millennium hall, in Addis Abeba
- President Isaias arrives in Addis Ababa
- State Lunch in honor of President Isaias
- Messages in support of Ethio-Eritrea joint peace declaration
- This picture was taken from another time!YoungPFDJ 17 hours ago
- ..#Peace & #Stability can help promote a number of high-potential sectors for #Eritrea & #Ethiopia.. both sides wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YoungPFDJ 17 hours ago
- The Eri-youth festival aims to propagate the spirit of nationalism, brotherhood, creativity and adventure amongst… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…YoungPFDJ 17 hours ago
- RT @DahlaKib: A full speech of President Isaias Afwerki ( English Version) at Millinium Hall in Addis Ababa. #Eritrea #Ethiopia https://t.…YoungPFDJ 17 hours ago
- RT @hawelti: President Isaias Afwerki arrives in Ethiopia. "Historic, overwhelming, unprecedented...". Can one find appropriate words to de…YoungPFDJ 2 days ago